Not only have I been working so much lately that I forgot momentarily that my feet needed a break as much as I did, but I’ve also been working out and eating a lot healthier. Last night I got home from my waitressing shift and threw on some workout clothes (I admit they were previously pyjamas) and took my puppy for a walk. My mum jokingly checked my temperature because she’s never seen me like this for about four years. Only it wasn’t just inspiration to get fit and have my teeny tiny body back (okay, I’m still only an Australian size 8, which is model sized, but the jiggly bits, okay?), it was also to do things that are actually beautiful.
While browsing the amazingness that is Pinterest, I found a super easy do it yourself to jazz up any old mug you have!
- plain microwave proof mugs
the original diy used white, I’m using black
- a gold sharpie, or paint pen
- an oven
So little required, right!? And here’s how to do it!
- Preheat your oven to 175ºC or 350ºF.
- Draw circles, or any design, onto your mug with the gold pen, be sure not to smudge them.
- When you’re happy with how they look, pop them in the oven for half an hour.
- Turn off the oven and open the oven door and let cool for about an hour (or however long it takes).
Please note, don’t take a hot cup and run it under water, this generally causes them to shatter, and we all know you ain’t got time for that clean up.
What are you waiting for? If you’re waiting for them to cook or cool, I’ll let you off; if you haven’t started, get to it! Be sure to show me your designs below.